Saturday, August 1, 2009

Travel Info!!!

Oh my! I knew life would speed up, but I had no idea that the next 10 days will now be mapped out for every minute of the day! I need to finish my classroom! I learned who my sub will be, and I'm very happy. We will meet next week. We worked out the details of Dan's leave, and God came through in a huge way, but it's complicated to explain. Just suffice it to say God knows our needs and meets them! Today is finishing Ty's room and taking Dan to my classroom to do the "guy" stuff. I need some nails for letter cards, help with things that require a ladder (I'm afraid of heights), etc...

OK, here's what I know about travel:

Aug. 11th: Go to Sea Tac
Aug. 12th: Fly out early AM, one stop in San Francisco
Aug. 13th: Arrive in Beijing, staying at Wangfujing Grand Hotel
Aug. 13-16: Tour Beijing
Aug. 16th: Fly to Nanjing in PM, staying at Mandarin Garden Hotel
Aug. 17th: GOTCHA TYSON!!!!
Aug. 18th: Adoption Day
Aug 19-21: In Nanjing
Aug. 21st: Fly out to Guangzhou in PM, staying at White Swan Hotel
Aug. 22nd: TB test and shots/Medical Exam for Tyson
Aug. 23rd: Open
Aug. 24: Results of TB test
Aug. 25: Consulate Appt.
Aug. 26: Take Oath, get visa
Aug. 27: Fly from Guangzhou to Shanghai to San Fran to Sea Tac!!!

Wow! Unreal that I'm even typing that. It looks like several of us from RQ are going to be in Guangzhou at the same time. If anyone reading this has stayed at Wangfujing or Mandarin Gardens has any advice, let me know. I think someone said to bring ear plugs if staying at the MG. I bought a whole container!

Please be praying for us as we embark on this amazing new part of our journey. We are specifically concerned about H1N1/Quarantine in Beijing, that Gotcha day will go as well as possible, and that the TB test will be negative.

Have a great day! And THANK YOU for your support over the last crazy few months!
Jolene

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful! We'll be praying while you're away. Can't wait to see you with your son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jolene, I'm so glad to be reading this kind of post on your blog;) Are you going to be posting while in China? Can't wait to hear how everything plays out. You will get it all done and if for some reason some thing doesn't get done before you leave, it most likely is not that important. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you get 3 days in Beijing. We only got one. What a whirlwind tour it was for us. Is Kacie going?

    You are going to have such a great time, with the crowning moment being when you get Tyson. Enjoy the buffet at the White Swan. It's great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo!! I am doing the happy dance for you!! I am so excited for you... We stayed at the Wangfujing 4 yrs. ago with our first adoption it was very nice... Don't worry toomuch about the flu/quarantine stuff - we ended up not wearing the masks but did take tylenol during the flight... and remember He will be going before you to make it all okay:)
    Many Blessings!
    Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to meet you guys in Guangzhou!! We leave Aug 12th, Family Day the 16th, CA on the 24th! We leave on the 27th, but unfortunately, we have to stay overnight in LA. Anyway, let the fun begin!!
    Be blessed,
    Courtney
    p.s. how are you doing?? Are you just going crazy? I feel like a chicken with its head cut off!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My main advice - get a suite at the Mandarin Garden. Or a kitchen apartment. Wing "B" and NOT Wing "A" (which is much older and - I believe - the source of most unhappy comments).

    ReplyDelete