Monday, August 17, 2009

We have Tyson!!!


We Have Tyson!

And he’s wonderful. He’s a scared little boy, but he is doing well overall, however, he seems to have a cold and I think it’s in his chest. Please be praying for that. I’m contacting doctors in the US to see what meds should be the course of action. I was given traditional Chinese Medicine from the orphanage, not sure how far to go with that.

We went to the adoption office this morning, and we were a little early. When they pulled up, we saw him coming from the window. When they came in, the nanny handed him right over to Dan first. Then I held him. Wow! Amazing is all I can say. We told him Mama and Baba, and the nanny got him to say Ma once! Here’s what we know so far: He likes Dan better. It’s normal for children to attach to one parent over the other. Fortunately, he does like me too. But after we came back to the hotel, I had to go exchange a zillion dollars (it felt like it!) into Yuan, which probably is a zillion dollars, and that took about 1/2 hour. We went to the store and Dan tried to put him down to walk, and Tyson put his arms out and stepped to Dan and let out a little cry. If Dan give him to me, he cries, but he stops pretty quickly. He has the cutest cry! I won’t be saying that at 2am I’m sure, but he is just very cute. He makes good eye contact, lets us feed him, and feeds himself with his fingers. He is napping now, but he cried when we tried to lay him down. However, it was way past nap time, so I just cuddled him and he relaxed, and now he's asleep. Dan and Kacie went shopping.

Kacie has been amazing. She took many pictures and is filling the roll of big sister well. She loves to carry the bag (remember the silk purse I bought? It’s now a diaper bag!) and helps me stock it up.

He’s down for a nap, so I need to be too. Here are some pictures! Thank you for all of your prayers. Please continue to pray that the TB test will be negative. We are so blessed, so in love, and so amazed by the goodness of God. Your prayers have meant so much. Our Gotcha Day was/is wonderful. He haven't seen his personality yet, but I'm sure we will soon. God bless everyone back home, and thank you so much for the emails. It helps so much!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your beautiful baby boy!!! Tyson is precious. I'm so happy that all is going well. I will be praying for him and his cold.
    Hugs,
    Sheri (from your Faith Family)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes your family complete~! What a handsome little boy!! Congratulations to you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! You are finally together!!! Just wanted to warn you... don't be surprised if, as Tyson bonds more to either Dan or you, he rejects the other parent. Jonah was pretty OK with me at first, but as he latched on to Tom he completely rejected me. But it's fine now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm soooo excited for you and your family. He is such a cute and sweet looking little boy.
    Amber

    ReplyDelete