OK, maybe more than a few. I have spent months and months preparing for this trip, and now I find that I am not ready! Packing is a nightmare. Too many medicines, gifts are too big, and not enough stuff for Tyson I'm sure. Now I think I need more money, but I can't get anymore new bills. There are so many little things...ugh!
My biggest worries are still the quarantine and the TB testing. We will survive the TB testing, but it will push all of our appointments back another week. But the TB testing is scary. The Scr*ggs family has to leave their daughter in China! The CDC heartless jerks that they are decided that little Harper, age 4, must stay in China. I am sick beyond words about this. If we have to come home without Tyson...well I can't go there.
So I lean on God. God is all that I have. Oh yes, my husband and daughter I can lean on, but really God is the one whose hand is in this and will lead us through it all. He has been preparing us for quite some time. So even though I don't feel prepared, I know that I am because God is preparing a table for me! The 23rd Psalms is not just about death, but about life and how God prepares us. I also know that God has a huge plan for Tyson's life.
Knowing this, I can continue to get ready to leave. I'm sure the tears aren't over, but in less than a week, we'll be Beijing! Please pray for us!
Thursday, August 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



We will be praying for you. This journey is amazing. Just when we think we faced hardships, it seems to get worse for the families as time goes on. I just cannot fathom the future of international adoptions if this continues.
ReplyDeleteViolet
Everything will work out just the way God plans it.
ReplyDeleteRemember, anything you need you can get in China, so there won't be any problem if you've forgotten something. As for money....you don't need brand new bills. All you need are bills without marks on them. You should easily be able to get a few from the bank. If not, you can use ATM cards and credit cards in China as long as you call the bank ahead of time to let them know you'll be there.
I'll be praying for you. It really will be okay!
My prayers as well as my church family are all praying and thinking of you all and that Tyson well make it through. With help from God you will make it.
ReplyDeleteI'm asking God and all his Angels to put a hedge around all of you.
Love
Mom/Shirley/Grandma