Sunday, August 2, 2009

Family in China now needs our help and prayers!

This family is in China adopting their 4 year old daughter. I do not know them, I only learned of their situation days ago. Their daughter has tested positive for TB, but she is not contagious. Yet, the US will not give her a visa! This is a new law as of July 1.

So let me get this straight...anyone from anywhere else can get a passport and come to the US, and we don't know if they are positive for TB. But an adopted child? This 4 year old, who already is calling her parents Mama and Papa, will have to go back to her orphanage. THIS IS CRUEL!!!

If you know anyone who can help, please make a phone call. And even more importantly, SIGN THIS PETITION! If this happens to us, I don't know what we'd do. This family is already financially strapped. There is not much more they can do because they both must return to the US.
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/build-families-not-barriers.html

No comments:

Post a Comment