Monday, August 10, 2009

Isaiah 43:7 and last night at home

Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west. Isaiah 43:7

I got a little choked up tonight (what else is new...) that this is our last night at home, just us three. It's been us three for 8 years. Now there will be 4, and we know there are rough times ahead, but it will also be the greatest adventure of our lives. I laid in bed with Kacie as she slept, and I prayed for her. I think she heard me, even better!

Do we know what's ahead? No, but our Father in heaven does. He clearly told me today to stop worrying, we will be fine! My head says OK, but would someone please tell my stomach that is tied in knots? It's not cooperating with what my brain is saying.

So I'm going to bed, and hopefully I'll wake up in the morning at peace, knowing that the waiting is over, and the real journey is beginning. Tyson will be ours in a week. Less than a week. His room is ready, we are ready, and he is ready. So let's get this show on the road, shall we! We leave tomorrow to stay over night to catch our early flight at the airport Wed. AM. We arrive in Beijing 1:40am Thurs PST, 2:40pm in Beijing.

I am humbled by the outpouring of support of the last year. Thank you, and may God bless you!

7 comments:

  1. Please have a safe trip! We will be leaving around October to pick up our son in Hebei province, so I have been following you the last few weeks. We have a 6 YO DD too and going to pick up a son (5YO), and love the Lord, so I feel I can relate to you in many ways.

    We will pray for your safety...may the Lord watch over your journey. Enjoy the adventure!!!

    lauramcameron1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My birthday and your travel day... I won't soon forget it for sure. So thankful to call you friends and be able to help in this process with keeping people updated as you travel! Sure do love you and will be praying every day! Can't wait for the arrival update!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you all the best! Have a very blessed trip and I'll be following along. Can't wait to see Tyson in your arms!!

    Blessings -

    Cathy from Monroe, WA
    Mom to Camie and Elijah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a blessed trip and know that many prayers are coming your way.
    My favorite verse: "Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:19

    No matter how far away from home you are, God will be with you anywhere! He will be holding all of you tight as you greet your new son for the first time.
    Be safe and I will be celebrating when you get Tyson!!

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  5. Godspeed to you and your family. We can't wait to see the photos when you are united with that precious boy.

    Take care and fave fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. God's blessings for safe travels and may you feel His peace surround you at this exciting time. Your post today brought tears to my eyes as I've been feeling the same thing the past month as our family will grow from 3 to 4 hopefully next month. If you're able to get into the orphange (which I'm doubting), please tell Michael his parents are coming soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember when we left our house for the last time as a couple. We came back a family. Godspeed. Violet

    ReplyDelete