We've had Ty exactly 2 weeks today, 4 of those days being at home. Surprisingly, he's doing OK! Here's more of what we know about him.
1. Speech: Consonants are a major problem. However, he tries to imitate everything we say with vowels. He gets the pitch and intonation. For example, our dog Rocky is "ah-ee". I Love You is "ah uh oooh"
2. Tantrums: They are getting less but still there. However, he is smart enough to know not to throw his body on the hard kitchen floor. Yesterday I watched him move his body so that half of it was on the carpet, so when he threw himself down, his head landed softly. Cause and effect thinking? I think so!
3. Motivation: Tons of it. He wants to try everything. This kid is a survivor and he works hard at everything he does. He amazes me with how fast he learns new things.
4. TV: Doesn't watch it. Yay!
5. Food: Getting better. When the plate is empty, he gets out of his high chair. But last night, he grabbed his snack tray out of the sink and packed it around pointing and grunting for more snacks.
6. Sleep: He is in his toddler bed for night #2! He wants to know someone is there. Putting him to bed isn't easy, he usually cries himself to sleep, as he fights sleep pretty hard. But I stay with him, rubbing is back and keeping my hand on him til he's sound asleep. He makes some noises during the night, but so far, only one cry that I've had to go sit in on.
I know I need to post pics. I need to TAKE pictures! That is priority tomorrow.
Monday, August 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



It all sounds pretty typical, judging from how Jake acts.
ReplyDeleteConsonants are going to be an issue. They are the hardest thing for Jake. He has his vowels down really well, but certain consonants are problems. He doesn't grasp the concept of how to place his tongue to make the correct sounds, but he will one day. The thing is, just work, work, work on them with him.
Yes, you need more pics!
Maylynn has the same speech issue - we keep working on it though and hopefully will get some speech help soon:)
ReplyDeleteLooks like you guys are enjoying being home!