
We are testing this out. My friend Lori is going to post my emails to my blog.
Well, we are about 80% packed. After our travel meeting Friday, we were ready to leave right then and there. We have talked with everyone staying at our house, and things seem to be good at that end. Overall, we are ready!
Church was amazing today. We were prayed for by our pastors, connect group leaders, and Lori...and if I missed anyone, I truly apologize. I spoke for a few minutes about our journey and specifics to pray for. After the service, we were truly humbled. A man we'd never met gave us a very special cross to carry on our trip. It has an amazing story, and we feel honored that he would give it to us to take on our trip to help cover us through the hard times. Many people came up to us and gave us hugs, and many had adoption stories to share or advice to give. I am so blessed to have such an amazing church family.
Then tonight at connect group, we prayed (and I cried...again...what is with all the crying?), and Kacie was given some gifts for the plane. She was so excited, yet couldn't understand why someone would do that for her. She's a very giving girl, so for someone to give to her, she didn't quite understand. She was very thankful. One of the gifts was a little note book, and we had been discussing that she needed a journal to capture her memories of China. Overall, we are just so thankful for our connect group and their prayers and how supportive they have been. I just met these people in September - February (I think) but I feel like I've known them for a long time.
OK, so that's it! If you're reading this, then Lori has successfully completed her first post! If you can see the picture, Lori did that too. This is actually a picture of Badaling, the area of the Great Wall that we will be experiencing at the end of this week. Oh my gosh, this trip is happening! Praise God! Tyson will be home in no time.



Lori, you did it!
ReplyDeleteIt works!! It's so cool that we're going to be able to keep up with your blog while you're gone. Thanks Lori, and good job! =)
ReplyDeleteJolene, I think I can speak for the whole group when I say how completely thrilled we are for all four of you and how much we have grown to love your family over the past year (almost). We are SO excited to hear all about the completion of this journey and to be with you as you start the next phase...raising a two year old boy! We will keep the prayers coming...I wish we could do more, but we'll just leave the rest up to God for now!
Love, Hillary
Jolene,
ReplyDeletePraying for a safe and wonderful journey!!! Also praying for Tyson as he tranisitions into your family!! We aren't far behind you. We leave Aug 19th! Blessings!
Have a wonderful and safe journey and I will be checking in everyday. That is awesome!!
ReplyDeleteisnt' it strange how you wait and wait and then when you finally get your dates your running around and somehow don't feel ready?! i love watching families come together. can't wait to follow you to china! and i, too, was crying at the drop of hat a few days before we left.
ReplyDeleteJolene, So happy for you and your family. Your precious son will be in your arms forever before you know it!!
ReplyDeleteSuch a sweet story about your church family. That is so wonderful! God is good and we KNOW prayer works!!!
Hugs,
Sheri (from your Faith Family)
Have a great trip! We can't wait to see pics of you with Tyson. Enjoy it.
ReplyDelete