Thursday, August 27, 2009

We're home!

We have made it home safely. It was a brutal flight, as Ty would only let me hold him, but we are home and happy. We have to wonder what is going through Ty's head now. No airplanes, no hotels...I think he can feel that something is different. He's not a fan of the dogs just yet, but hopefully soon he will come around.
I am trying to upload two videos, but I've never done it. I hope it works. One is GOTCHA day back at our hotel. You will see a very solemn little boy. Then there is a video of today when we returned home. Friends from church left us food and meals (THANK YOU!) and some balloons. Ty loved the balloons and seemed to love being home, and Kacie loved having a buddy to play "parade" with!

Thanks for following! I do plan to keep the blog going, maybe with a new name soon. As for now, I'm catching up on some zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....





10 comments:

  1. Welcome home!!! It's always nice to be where your own bed is. Ty looks great in the 2nd video and I hope you have some time at home to get those zzzz before you have to start school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home! I'm so glad your journey to Ty is over. Now the real journey can begin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome home! Those videos are great. When Tyson bends down to see Elmo and looks up and smiles so big — Priceless!

    We've enjoyed following along. Thanks for taking us back to China.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your trip with us. My family and I are heading out to China in a couple of months to get our 4 year old little boy. It was wonderful seeing how the process works and what to expect. Tyson is a beautiful little guy and a perfect fit with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for sharing your journey with us. I loved every mintue of it and WELCOME HOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michelle and Richelle StalloAugust 28, 2009 at 9:07 AM

    Welcome Home Jolene and Family,

    I can't wait to meet Ty. He looks like a very happy child and Richelle liked the video of his squeaky shoes. I am glad that everything went okay for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww. Ty looks soooo happy!
    Welcome Home!

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah! So glad to see that you are home! Now you can relax and enjoy your family times together:) He looks so incredibly happy!

    Blessings,
    Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  9. The videos are great. Like being there to share the moments. He looks great. It's amazing what kids can adjust to. Looks like he will adapt really fast. That is a blessing in itself. Love all the pictures too. You are all finally together and that is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE the squeaky shoes. I am so jealous (not really) that you get to be home now with Tyson. We are still waiting for our LOA. We are now past the 100 day mark. I pray that it comes tomorrow. I am going nuts. Tyson is so cute. I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete