and I already realized two things we forgot, and I'm regretting not bringing more toys for Tyson. Hopefully we can buy some in Beijing or Nanjing!!!
Kacie and Dan went for a swim. We have an 8:00 bedtime tonight. Kacie was so excited to get into her carry-on to start playing with her stuff (I think "carry-on" is her new favorite word.)
If I can be honest, I'm getting really nervous. I can feel my heart beating in my throat. At this time tomorrow, I'll be half way to China! Kacie's other favorite phrase: "Mom, stop stressin'!"
She's right. But last night it was my stomach in knots. Tonight it's my heart beating out of my chest. Mentally I know what to do and think, so evidently suppressing it makes the stress come out physically! Ugh!
I think that's my cue...I'm going to bed! Good night!
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



God bless you and goodnight! You are so close to me right now, I can hardly stand it-- and I am absolutely right there with you in the racing heart and stomach in knots. We will make it through this. You know that, I know that, but let's still keep saying that. Peace be with you.
ReplyDeleteI'm sooo excited for you! I felt exactly the same way you're feeling before we flew. Actually, I had the jitters all the way til the moment they handed Maia to us! Then, a huge peace fell over me and I knew that we were finally complete:) By now, you're probably flying over Antartica:)
ReplyDeleteJolene -
ReplyDeleteYou're going to have an amazing time. Enjoy your time with Tyson and take in as much as you can of his birth country (I was so nervous the first time I think I absorbed one tenth of what I saw and experienced - it was such a whirlwind!). This really is a trip of a lifetime and something you and your daughter and Tyson will talk about for years to come! Good luck! China40 (Eileen)
This is an amazing time for you. Enjoy every momment so when it's my turn to be headed to Sea Tac you can be the one to tell me I'll get through it when I think my heart is going to jump out of my chest. Have so much fun with your husband and daughter in the days before meeting Tyson. Blessings to you all.
ReplyDeleteOh, Jolene, you WILL get through this stress! I can't believe that as I sit here typing, you ARE in China. Amazing. God Bless you, Dan, Kacie and Tyson. May you enjoy every minute you're there! I love that your friend Lori is able to update your blog for you (Thank you, Lori!!!) Love, Erika
ReplyDelete