OK, all this stuff is giving me a migraine. TB test, quarantine, waiting for TA, oh yeah...AND I'm bringing a child home who has special needs. Did I mention I'm a little stressed?
I am outta here! I have some stuff to do today, thank goodness. I think I'm going to print out some packing lists later and start inventorying what I still need to get.
I heard I need a thermos because kids don't drink anything cold. So how do they drink juice? Anyone who has BTDT is welcome to comment! I need all the help I can get!
Have a blessed day!--Jolene
Thursday, July 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



hi jolene! i see you're going crazy (again:))! yep, i've btdt. i think the complete insaneness that we have to go through to see our child somehow prepares us for anything that is to come once we finally have him. trust me, believe it or not (and i probably wouldn't have just a few weeks ago), you'll have your son home and barely remember all of the details of all of this waiting time. really. he'll keep you so busy you may, just MAY, wish for a a good ole day of waiting and sitting.
ReplyDeletebut until then, do what you are doing...pack! cause once you finally get the date to leave, you'll be freaking out even more and wonder why after all of these months you still don't feel ready. thermos? we didn't need one. most drinks aren't going to be served cold anyway. even the milk at our hotel was served warm next to the coffee pot. (we actually began CRAVING a cold drink b/c even the "cold, refrigerated" water bottles you buy aren't really that cold.) i'm guessing he's probably never even had juice? or at least not that much. water should be fine for him. and every meal is served w/tea (kind of like you get a glass of ice water here) so you can always just pour some warm water into a cup and dillute w/an ice cube so it isn't too hot. all three of our hotels in china had buffets so i'm guessing you won't be lacking on what to feed him or give him to drink. i packed way too many snack foods. really, all i would have needed was one box/bag of goldfish crackers, suckers (b/c they make everything better for a little boy and there will be plenty of times when you are sitting at some office and will need something to keep him quiet and keep you sane!), a sippy cup and some type of energy/protein/granola bar. i packed a ton of protein bars for myself and ended up using nearly all of them for caleb. it kept him calm, occupied, and quiet during paperwork appointments, etc and i felt better about him eating that than a bunch of junk. i ended up throwing away several boxes of cookies, snack, crackers when we left. first aid kit...don't forget that. we used lots of bandaids (skinned knees for caleb and blisters for me b/c of all of the walking we did)...and lots and lots of bags (from grocery stores) and ziploc bags. i packed nearly everything in a bag of some sort and was so glad i did. you can end up keeping your dirty clothes separated that way, and it makes it easier to know where things are as opposed to just sutffed in your suitcase somewhere. sounds silly, but bring a ton of them. happy packing! hope you get a date soon! julia.
I hear you! I am going to take a break from the forums for a while because it only makes me even crazier! I really never dreamed I would be this obsessed tracking the forums, waiting for that phone call, pleading with God to let me travel to my little girl, and on and on and on. Ugh! I need to just enjoy the summer with my boys and know that God is in control and will bring us to our daughter is His time.
ReplyDeleteHave a great 4th of July
Our hotel rooms had these things like coffee makers in them that we could boil water for Jake's formula. They worked fine. When we were out and about, we used the bottled water provided by the hotel or what we purchased. We put it in the cleft bottles we took for him. He was fine with that.
ReplyDeleteHe also drank some juice that we put in his bottles. We even got him to eat some ice cream, although the cold of it almost made him cry the first time until he realized it tasted good.
Don't stress out! It will all work out.
Kevin, Violet and Jake
They will drink things like juice at room temp. Just don't put things in the fridge.
ReplyDeleteMy daughter loved cold drinks. She seemed to prefer her milk cold so we starting putting the little boxes in the fridge for her. Now that she is home she drinks all sorts of cold drinks. Don't bring the thermos. I doubt you will need it.
ReplyDeleteWe only found expensive strollers in Nanjing. We ended up waiting to buy one in GZ and I carried her 22 pound around for 5 days in extreme heat. If you think you want a stroller be prepared to pay for it or bring one of your own!
Teachme = frteach by the way. I'm on hubby's computer and didn't log into my usual account!
ReplyDelete