Friday, July 3, 2009

Happy Fourth of July...a day early!

I will probably not post tomorrow, and since I'm sort of stuck to the couch now, I thought I'd post quickly. I am not feeling well, but I'll be OK. It's not a flu or anything like that. But I certainly didn't get all the stuff done yesterday that I wanted to, but I made great progress! I went through all that I have and still need to get. Wow! I still need 2 more large suitcases! Kacie will get one (assuming she goes) and we need one just for gifts and other items for Tyson. The good thing is that when we give the gifts in Nanjing, then we'll have more room for shopping! The question is...how will we fit items we buy in Beijing into our bags before we go to Nanjing? We think we might take an extra bag in our suitcase. I am glad I'm doing all this now. I really hope TA comes next week so we can leave the 22nd. And when TA comes, I know my brain will shut down, just like it did for LOC.

I also started washing Tyson's clothes. He has plenty of new and used clothes, more than I thought. I have a plastic bin for the 4T and up clothes so I don't have to deal with those til we need them. We dressed Kacie in a lot of sweats and sports clothes, so I set those asside for Tyson. The hand me downs make great day care clothes--no worries about stains! I have also been buying some clothes too, especially for China. The funny thing is, who knows what's actually going to fit! He has quite the assortment of Seahawks and Mariners clothes already. Now we need to get some UW shirts.

Well, Happy Fourth of July! I can't wait for Tyson to be a US Citizen and join our family. Our plan for tomorrow is to actually go to a wedding! Our town has a big festival on the Fourth, and Kacie just loves it. So she and I will hit that in the afternoon, then my friend gets married near there at 4:00. We'll go to the reception, then come home to do fireworks. Dan has to work, of course. So Happy Fourth, and be safe!

3 comments:

  1. Howdy!

    We're home!

    Tyson looks amazing. I can't wait to follow your journey to China!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Fourth of July!
    Kevin, Violet and Jake

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 4th of July! It is now after MN here in Texas, so it is officially the 4th! lol
    I will continue to pray you get your TA soon!!!

    Hugs,
    Sheri (Leilah Di and Olivia Xia's Mommy--from Faith)

    ReplyDelete