Saturday, July 18, 2009

Map of Jiangsu Province--where Tyson lives


So if you have figured out where the province of Jiangsu is, you might want to check out this map of the province. Tyson is in the city of Changzhou, in the southern part of the province. That is where he was found, so we assume that is where he was born, although we'll never know for sure.

When we go to China, we'll stay in Nanjing, which is the capital of the province of Jiangsu. Tyson will be brought to us here, known as GOTCHA DAY! Most orphanages are not allowing visitors right now due to keeping the H1N1 virus away from the kids. That I totally understand, but I think it might be nice to at least visit the city of Changzhou. I'm not sure how far it is, but I've heard a few hours. Maybe someone out there can enlighten me! I am not sure Kacie would do riding in a Chinese taxi for a few hours. She gets car sick just going 45 minutes on good highways with steady cruise control.

So Changzhou is where Tyson is, and Nanjing is where we will be staying in province for about 5-6 days. Nanjing is east and a little north of Changzhou. It looks like both cities are on the Yangtze River.

1 comment:

  1. Jolene-Gabe is in Suzhou just up the river from Tyson :-) I have heard that Suzhou from nanjing is about 4 hrs, but that there is a train-maybe the same train goes to Changzou?? Since we are more than likely be the only family who would want to go to Suzhou - renting a driver/bus or taxi would be wayyy more than we want to spend, but have considered this train if it is an option? We cannot arrainge a visit until we are in province, so it is somthing we will check into when we get there!

    ReplyDelete