Monday, July 6, 2009

No TA today...6 weeks since LOC

I didn't expect TA today, but one can always hope. I am now on that roller coaster again, holding my cell phone until 2:30 everyday, hoping it will ring and my agency will be on the other line saying, "Your TA has arrived!" But it didn't ring today.

The RQ stats at this point do not look good. The average is 22 days after your paperwork goes to CCAA to get TA, which would put us leaving not until August. I don't know what day mine was sent, so I am going off of the day I found out, which was June 30. That makes today 7 days, which is why I would not expect to see TA until at least Friday at the earliest. However, I am only one week behind a family with my agency, and they received their TA last week, so if you go by my agency's timeline, this week is certainly in the timeframe.

I probably won't post again until I get TA since the journey to Tyson is now at a red light until we get that precious green one! Praise God that my paperwork sailed through the I800 paper trail with no issues!

And now we wait for TA...just that one last piece of paper, Travel Approval! At that point the consulate date is set and we can make travel arrangements. Oh, and at this point, Kacie is going.

Thank you for your prayers. I appreciate every one of them!
Jolene

3 comments:

  1. It's funny that you mentioned waiting with your cell phone in hand until 2:30pm! It took exactly 6 weeks for our TA to come, and we got the call just before 3pm from Pam while I was in the middle of getting report at work! It was a total shock when Pam said "how would you like to go to China?"! I have a feeling your TA will be coming really soon, and usually when you're least expecting it. I rarely had my cell phone turned on at work, but for some reason that day, I had it on and with me. Definately a memorable moment for me and all the girls in the room with me! Hopefully, by the time your CA is set, the swine flu issue will be dwindling and you can feel more peace about taking Kacie along. We have no regrets about taking Peanut, but we didn't have the flu to worry about. It was an amazing trip for him, and he definately enjoyed China!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm holding my breath, waiting for your good news... and praying that it is soon.
    be blessed,
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for your family. I can't wait to follow your journey to China and beyond. We're praying that you receive TA and travel soon.

    ReplyDelete