Sunday, July 12, 2009

Where we are going--the tentative plan



I have had several people ask me where we are going in China and will we get to do any sight seeing. The answer to that is yes, we hope! Here is a map so you can see where we will be. There are 4 flights total. But this is always subject to change. For now, here's what we hope/plan to happen.

1. Sea Tac to Beijing. Beijing is on the east side of the country. Here Dan, Kacie, and I will see the Great Wall, Forbidden City, Tiannamen Square, and other tourist areas. Approx 3 days.

2. Beijing to Nanjing. Nanjing is the capital of the province of Jiangsu. Nanjing is about two hours from Tyson's orphanage in Changzhou. Tyson will be brought to us in Nanjing because that is where all of the provincial offices are that will make the adoption final. Approx 5 days.

3. Nanjing to Guangzhou. Guangzhou is south and then slightly east of Nanjing. Guangzhou is the home of the US Consulate. All adoptive families go through Guangzhou. Tyson will get his medical examination here to get his immigrant visa to enter the US. When Tyson steps off the plane, he'll be a citizen. We will stay at the White Swan hotel, and from what I hear, it is very nice. But, it will be hot!!! The end of our stay will be our consulate appointment (CA) and the swearing in ceremony.

4. Guangzhou to Sea Tac. I am leaving with one child, coming home with two. I am not sure if this has fully hit me yet, and I am not sure how the logistics of Sea Tac to home will work out.

PRAYING FOR TA TOMORROW! I am not sure how many more days I can handle this.

2 comments:

  1. Bring lots of allergy medicines. The smog and humidity are brutal. I was sick the entire time I was in China. If you think you've got enough, pack more!

    Also, you know those backpacks with the kiddy leash attached? I always laugh when I see people with them, but they aren't such a bad idea for a place like Forbidden City. I don't know if Tyson is walking, but you may want to think about it.

    I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're jealous. We only got one whirlwind day in Beijing - just the highlights, Forbidden City, Tiannamen Square and the Great Wall.

    I don't know if you have looked it up, but here is a link to a site that gives weather forecasts for Guangzhou. You also can check out the weather in Nanjing.
    http://www.accuweather.com/world-index-forecast.asp?partner=accuweather&locCode=ASI|CN|CH006|GUANGZHOU&metric=0

    It sure looks like it will be hot. We stayed in the White Swan, too, and we liked it. The breakfast buffet is great (our agency uses the White Swan all the time and the breakfast buffet was included in our room price. Just don't eat at the hotel other times because the price is way too much.) Be sure to shop at Jordan's. He is a really nice man. We met him while we were out walking. He came out and started talking to us (to drum up business for one thing). He asked what Jake's name was and we said Jacob. He said "Ahh, Jacob from the Bible. I'm a Christian, too." He's a really nice guy and has good prices. We haven't seen anyone say one bad thing about him.

    Kevin, Violet and Jake

    ReplyDelete