Saturday, June 6, 2009

Sleepless Saturday June 6

I am off to school to get some packing done, along with grading 1 million papers. I will NOT miss this part of sixth grade next year!

My agency really had no news about the new TB requirement in China, except to say that there should be some discussion on it next week. It amazes me how God puts one obstacle after another in front of me, and yet I come through each one stronger than before. Throughout this process I have learned to love and seek God in all that I do. I could be a total basket case right now, but God is bringing me through it all. God told me years ago I would teach 1st grade again. When this opportunity came to move to first grade, I didn't jump at, I just said I'd do it if needed. I let God place me where he wanted me. In that, there is comfort. But people ask, "Are you excited to move to first grade?" Well, it's hard to be excited about it when there is an adoption that will be taking place shortly! For that, I am excited!

We saw Night at the Museum/Smithsonian last night at an IMAX. A spendy little outing, yes, but we don't get a lot of family time, so we had a great evening, and Dan had never been to an IMAX, so it was pretty fun.

With that, enjoy your weekend! There are light showers right now...I am so glad we did our yard sale last Saturday--sunburn and all!

1 comment:

  1. I remember all the obstacles, one after another. But in the end we are stronger holding our sweet new baby. I can't wait to follow your trip to China.

    Blessings
    Amy

    ReplyDelete