Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Paperwork arrived at NVC!

I called this morning, and our paperwork arrived at NVC on Monday, June 15th! So then I asked when it would be sent electronically to Guangzhou, and the reply was, "Hopefully in a couple of weeks." WHAT???

Wait a minute, the RQ chart that we share our stats on says that it only take 6-8 days from approval to cable (filing paperwork electronically), so it should get cabled on Thursday of this week, according to averages. So I said that I knew that others only took a week, and she said I could call back next week and see. But I also know my agency will be checking daily too in Guangzhou. So, I will call on Friday to find out the status of this.

Once the paperwork goes to the US Consulate in Guangzhou, we know we are getting close!

3 comments:

  1. Jolene,
    We are on such similar timetables! Our paperwork arrived June 11th. The agent I spoke with said it should be cabled by the end of the week. I think I will be calling again on Thursday night :-)

    Pretty soon we will both be in CHINA!!!
    Blessings

    Amy
    www.journeytohauyongyang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We too are on similar timetables... and i've been following along yours and Amy's blogs to try to figure out the timing:) Praying for you guys to get your paperwork to China faster than 2 weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's hoping everything goes fast for you. You guys have waited long enough. It's time to get Tyson in your arms. Hang in there. It all will be so worth it!

    Violet

    ReplyDelete