Friday, June 19, 2009

Cable to NVC TODAY!

I called NVC today and was totally surprised to find out that our file had been cabled (send electronically) to Guangzhou TODAY! It was a great feeling and a great way to end the day.

Today my Bear turned 8. Bear is my daughter, who has asked to be called Bear online from here on, so that's what we'll do. I was telling her how people gave their kids different names online, and her nickname has been Kacie-Bear since she was born and looked like a little teddy bear under the incubator and lights in the neo-natal intensive care unit.

And not to be forgotten, today was the last day of school! It will be a busy summer as I prepare for first grade before leaving for China. I still hope for a a departure by the end of the July to go to China. One family was quarantined today due to a passenger on their plane having the flu. I have no other info than that, but I know that 3 adults and 3 kids are quarantined until Wednesday to see if they develop flu symptoms. How awful!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on finding out your file has been cabled!!! Now, my file will have company while it just SITS there and waits!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!!! Congrats - i am am so happy for you! I tried calling today too but they were already closed -oh well... You are getting closer!!

    ReplyDelete