Monday, June 8, 2009

If I can't vent here, where can I?

I have needed to vent this, and since this is my blog, this is where I'm venting. If you don't like it, stop reading. I have massive anxiety that I am trying to give over to the Lord. It's not that I don't trust Him, of course I do, but I am merely flesh. Though I choose to walk in the spirit, the flesh returns.

Today is day 12 since sending the I-800. Not a peep from USCIS/NBC or whoever it is. Nothing. And I want to call them, badly, but I don't know if I should.

People on RQ with similar dates as mine are getting TAs. I knew it would happen, as I watched them get their LOAs while I waited and waited. But now, it hurts. You see, I should be with them. I should have had my LOA in April, and I should be close to TA and getting ready to travel. No, I should have TRAVELED in April, but USCIS took their sweet 104 days of time on my I-800A. So instead of being close to picking up my son, Tyson sits in the orphanage, probably starving due to his cleft, and I sit and cry. I wonder...does he even know about us? And if he does know about us, will he forgive us for taking this long? Does he even know what it feels like for his belly to be full of food? Or to have a hug and kiss before bed? Or that he has a Jie Jie (big sister) waiting to play with him, and she cries because her brother is so far away. And most importantly, does he know the love of Jesus, and that God is going to care for him and love him all of his life? No, he knows none of it.

So the mayor of New Orleans has been quarrentined in Shanghai because he was sitting near a passenger with flu symptoms, maybe H1N1, and so I wonder...Will we even get into China? And now with the new TB requirement, will I get out with my son? Will my daughter be OK to travel with us?

On a positive note, I picked up all prescriptions today, and I have the gifts arranged. I began to clean my classroom. I am excited to teach first grade next year.

That's my vent. I wish I was getting ready to travel now. This totally sucks, and I hate that word, but it does. I want my son home.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Jolene,
    I praying for you!!! I understand your frustrations. It is SO hard to lay these things at the feet of Jesus. I know, I've tried.....seems I'm always going back to pick them up again! Praying for peace and for your PROVISIONAL APPROVAL TO ARRIVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lots of hugs sent your way. Sorry this hurts so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jolene

    I posted lots of hugs sent your way . . . from Peter. Sorry my husband was logged in not me. So it is really from me, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, that is so funny! I was wondering why a guy named Peter was sending me hugs! LOL! That made me laugh :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally remember those feelings. The waiting is sooooo hard. I thought I would need therapy just to survive the wait! I'm praying your TA arrives quickly and soon you'll have sweet Tyson in your arms!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry this is so hard, Jolene. I know how much your baby needs you and how much you need him.

    Praying the journey forward isn't nearly as long as the one behind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i completely have benn there, felt that and can totally 100% relate. our i800 approval took a month. the good thing is that as soon as look at your paperwork, you should pretty much get immediate approval. do you have the contact info of the person who did your i800a? if so, i'd call everyday and ask them if they even have your papers yet. defintely call them. they are surely used to talking to emotionally drained moms like us. that's their job! i called and it made me feel better that i at least knew where we were in the system. (i'm sitting in an airport waiting for our flight to china right now!!) and you know the funny thing is that i had to actually look back at my blog to find out how long i had waited on our i800. i could rattle that info off to you in 1/2 a second when i was in the middle of it. now, even a few months later, i don't remember those details. you won't either. it will all pale to the joy that comes later! julia.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I think we are twins! Our timeline is the same and we should be traveling too! Hugs!!! I know it is hard, but so out of our control! I will pray everything goes quickly for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jolene,
    Call USCIS...I did, found out I had been approved LAST week!! all this worrying for no reason! We will get there! Just call and talk to the officer who approved your I800A. I called last week and our officer had just seen it and she went ahead and approved us right away that day!
    Blessings
    Amy
    www.journeytohauyongyang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete