Thursday, September 3, 2009

Sleep issues continue...but I think I saw light!

If the other night was horrid, then last night was beyond horrific! I won't even begin to tell all the strategies we tried with Ty. From 9:30 to 12:30...he cried, he played, he screamed, he played, he wiggled, he sat up, he tore thing off his walls for fun, etc... We finally put him in bed with us, and we slept from 1 to 8am.

Today he napped from 12:30 to 2:30, his earliest nap yet and closest to a schedule yet! Bedtime went so much better. We started at 8:35, and he was asleep by 9:20. Would have been earlier, but the phone rang twice! Ugh! I think early naps are key.

Daytime has been getting better and better. He met Dan's family tonight, and it went great. He walked in the house and even separated from me for a bit to be with Dan and his mom and sister. Progress! He did have a meltdown when he was standing by me while I was eating (he ate first, then yes, he let me eat in front of him!), and I just stood up to take my plate to the sink. He just sunk to the ground and screamed, and hit his head on a table leg in the process. But that was it. He was happy and smiling the whole time.

We then stopped at teh grocery store...Ty's first time. "Ohhhhhhh!!!!!!!" He said! Now he knows where we get our food! LOL!

He is trying so hard to talk! If we say hello to him, he says it back. If I say, "Ty Ty," He says, "Yeah" back! He says hi and bye (bye sounds like mah) and waves. He LOVES the phone. Tonight I asked him where his nose was, and he pointed to it! We started that yesterday. He is using the sign for more very well, and he's trying other signs as we use them.

Well, tomorrow is a ped. appt. Just a check up with an American doctor. I am not looking forward to the upcoming dr. appts, but I guess it is what it is. He's beautiful and perfect to me!

Jolene

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad Tu os getting into a schedule. He's such a cutie!

    We've got a doctor's appointment tomorrow, too. A follow up on Q's eyes. Which should be interesting since the lab still has not fixed her glasses. Grrrr.

    I hope things go well. Just try to take everything in stride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember well those first nites at home! Our Maia cried so hard that we finally brought her to bed with us, too:) We were never big fans of co-sleeping......until Maia came home. Funny how our plans changed:) Hopefully little Ty will soon feel comfy in his own bed, although our Maia is still sleeping in ours (Shhhhh). I'm finding that my parenting skills have been stretched a bit with our newest addition, but giving her that extra comfort has made all the difference in her confidence and sense of belonging in the long run. Whatever you decide for Ty's sleeping, I pray that you all get some much needed rest!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just take it one step at a time, and be sure to celebrate the victories. Praise him profusely when he does what he is supposed to do.

    It sounds like he really is a sweet boy.

    ReplyDelete