Monday, September 7, 2009

He Dances!

We've had Ty for 3 weeks, and I have yet to see him dance. I've seen him bob his head side to side while walking, but not to music. I have a hard time believing that they didn't let the kids dance in his orphanage. But it was one of the developmental screening questions last week, and it had me concerned. I know he can hear music. Kacie was watching Kung Fu Panda last night, and when the Chinese music came on, he became very aware, and he stopped and listened.

So this morning, he was playing with a toy guitar, and Kacie came to me saying, "Mom, he's dancing! He's bouncing up and down!" So I grabbed my flip, and I was able to record a little bit of it.

We went to church yesterday with Ty. He was pretty overwhelmed, but he did great overall. He fell asleep on the way home, and evidently he considered that his nap because I tried for 1.5 hours to put him down for a nap after lunch, but he wasn't having it. So I got to deal with a grumpy Ty all night. But the good news is that he slept from 8:30pm to 7:00am, and he just went down for a nap at 12:10, and it only took me 10 minutes to get him to go to sleep!

Like I said before, he shows us a little more of his personality everyday. I love him so much. He's perfect in everyway.


2 comments:

  1. Look at him dance!

    We bet Tyson is going to start dancing more and more now.

    Jake has always been crazy about dancing. He likes for us to dance along with him, too. You probably better get your dancing shoes on. It's only a matter of time before Tyson needs a partner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! And congratulations on getting some sleep! I hope it continues for you.

    ReplyDelete