Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A horrid night, a wonderful day, and more pictures!






Since Dan didn't work this morning, we decided that since I hadn't slept more than 2-3 hours a night, I would take some Tylenol PM, and Dan would tend to Ty when he woke up.

Yeah. Didn't work out so well.

Ty screamed and cried, even with Dan right there with him. He calmed down a few times and almost fell asleep, but as soon as Dan would get in bed, Ty would scream again. So after 2.5 hours of this up and down stuff, I got out of bed. I told Dan to let me try. I put one hand on Ty's head and one on his back, and Ty immediately stopped crying. Now I wish I could tell you I got him to sleep. Oh, no way. Another 1.5 hours later, he fell asleep. Keep in mind, I had taken Tylenol PM. I felt drugged, weary, and just awful. I did get to sleep from 4am to 9am, so 5 hours in one night was better than 5 hours in two nights.

So after that horrid night, we all got up late to start our day. We had Ty's first developmental screening at our house. Many of the milestones we couldn't comment on due to language, such as points to body parts. But he did great for fine motor, and he demonstrated great problem solving ability. He his social/emotional was good, but his sleep problems made his score go up. If you took out the sleep issues, he's adjusting very well. It was fun to get an outside professional view, and she gave me some good ideas. She mentioned pushing a cart. I totally forgot about Kacie's old plastic shopping cart! It doesn't go on the carpet well, but we got it out and he's having a blast with it in the kitchen.

He "helped" me put dishes in the dishwasher! I was putting away glasses, and the next thing I knew, he was putting his stacking cups in. We took him on his first walk down our road. We got out the stroller, and he lit up like a Christmas tree. We also had some playtime outside, more swinging, and then a late nap.

Tonight after his bath, I was wishing I had a hooded towel. I said it outloud, and here came Kacie with her old disney princess towel! Now I know I said no pink, but this was just too funny! We all laughed, and Ty was not impressed. He knew something wasn't right. After I lotioned him all up, he ran away laughing. We let him play for a bit in his diaper. I'm guessing he's never done that before.

Tonight he pet both of dogs on his own. He still doesn't like Koby's tongue (yellow lab), but progress is being made.

And the best news: He has gained 2 pounds! Praise the Lord!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry about the bad night:(
    Glad to hear that yesterday was a better day. Hoping you have a very restful night tonight:)
    Amy(from FF2009)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great that he's gaining weight, but sorry it was a rough night. Praying that gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The nights will get easier. It sounds like he is doing great in the day time.

    I (Kevin) can sympathize with the pink. Many of our photos from China showed Jake in pink. So far we have been able to avoid pink since he's been home. It was a cute pic, though, of Tyson in the princess towel.

    ReplyDelete