Friday, September 25, 2009

Baby Shower


Wow is all I can say. My friends gave me a wonderful baby shower tonight, and we are truly blessed. Many of these things I wanted to buy for Tyson, yet I'm watching our dollars a little closer now that it's looking like I may be taking a chunk of time off unpaid since we still do not have a surgery date yet. Outdoor toys, bath toys, clothes...oh my!

My wonderful friends who gave this shower: L, T, T, and K, you know who you are, and you are gems. I praise God that whether I've known you 12 years or less than 12 months, God brought you into my life for a reason, and I am honored to call all of you my friends! Thank you, from the bottom of our hearts. Dan was truly overwhelmed when T.R. pulled up with all the stuff in her vehicle.

I also need to thank K and H for stocking our refrigerator when we returned from China. I hope that those reading this will have the fortunate experience of arriving home from China to planned dinners. It was a life saver!

So many people have prayed for us and for Tyson. Every week on our prayer card at church we pretty much wrote the same thing: "Please pray that Tyson is growing and healthy." Well, we couldn't have asked for more, and we know it's because of the prayers of at least 5 churches that I can name, plus more I'm sure that I'm not aware of. Particularly my church, Harbor City Church, prayed vigilantly for 11 months for Tyson.

God has given us a miracle in our son. I left my house at 6:00 tonight and got home after 9:00pm. I missed his bedtime. I miss Tyson! I just want to go wake him up and hold him. I might sneak in and watch him sleep. That is how much I love this little boy. So just as a little child would do who is excited for the following day, I will go to bed and make the night go faster so I can see Tyson sooner!

2 comments:

  1. Jolene- Your last paragraph brought tears to my eyes! And only one word- AWESOME!!
    Blessings, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catching up with you and Tyson... and I sooo see myself there in your wiritng and wish we lived closer.

    The three weeks home thing- totally get it. ((( ))) I was so exhausted I couldn't stand up, and I was crying as much as she was. Hubby and I looked at each other and said something's gotta give. Baby girl faught it, but our sanity had to win out. She took to sleeping better, and we regained a bit our our intelligence. We were all much happier with a schedule and some boundries.

    Still glad we indulged like we did and I still indulge myself and indulge her sometimes, but logic rules.

    Just a heads up that a couple of weeks ago (home four months, age 2 1/2) she took to changing her schedule and not going to sleep just playing when we put her down for nap as well as for night time. We've taken away actual nap *sleep* time and just leave her in her room for two hours, sleep or no sleep, two hours only, and now she's back to ten hours a night and going to sleep at night quickly again.

    Don't know how much is two year old and how much is comfort at home, but thinking it's a two year old thing.

    And attachment? Isn't it a joy to see them happy with others?! LL is doing great and has grown more confident by leaps and bounds. And the language, too. She just continues to learn and soak in everything around her.

    Cheers to your happiness and Tyson's too as you continue to grow together!

    Trena
    hugged LL April 20
    when she was 26 months

    ReplyDelete