I returned home from camp with my sixth graders, and still no LOC. I packed my phone around for three days, and even drove my car out to the camp hoping I'd need to drive back. Nothing. In fact, other than a few on Monday, there were no LOA/LOC sightings. Oh, I HOPE for early next week, but I say that every week.
Camp was a blast! If you've been to camp, do you remember, "This is a repeat after me song!" Oh yeah, it's STILL ringing and resonating around in my head! The kids were fantastic, no major injuries, no discipline issues, just lots and lots of 11 and 12 year old fun. The kids go through field studies on plants, animals, water, and soil. We do fundraisers all year long to go. We have an amazing parent group this year who spear headed a ton of fundraisers. Usually the kids have to pay a little bit, but this year we raised enough so no child had to pay.
Kacie went to an event called Young Authors this morning. This has been around our area since I was in elementary school. It's for kids who want to participate. Students write a book at home, then they go to an event where they listen to an author, do a writing session, and then a session where they share their book. Then the books travel to different schools and kids from different places read them. Unfortunately with budget cuts, this program may be cut next year. Bummer because we already had next year's book planned: "Kacie's trip to China!" In my district, the budget cuts are horrible this year and are expected to be worse next year. I am thankful to have my job!
Let's hope I get a belated Mother's Day gift next week in the form of an LOC!
Saturday, May 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



The silence is killing me!
ReplyDelete