Saturday, May 16, 2009

A beautiful weekend!

We couldn't have asked for better weather this weekend. Yesterday after school I decided to call Kacie's friend and her mom to take a walk at a nearby park and campground. There is a paved walking trail about a mile long, and it is fully wheelchair accessible, thus the paved trail. There is a very small play area, so after the walk the kiddos enjoyed the swings, money bars, slides, etc... while the other mom and I chit chatted--what I do best! I thought Kacie and Tyson having 6 years between was a lot, but her kids have 10 years in between! It's sort of fun to talk to her and see what we have to look forward to!

So then Kacie had her friend sleep over, and of course, they should call them "non" sleep overs, because they don't sleep! Kacie had a softball game at 1:00, and she looked like a zombie. Did I mention it was like 80 degrees? For here at this time of year, that is HOT considering it was in the 50s three days ago. Tomorrow we have church, game at 3:30, then small group for church. Should be a fun day!

As for the adoption...huh? What adoption? BECAUSE THAT'S HOW IT FEELS! I've waited almost 4 months for LOC. August travel is our best case scenario at this point. Gotta love this swine flu! But, CCAA could just decide to send LOCs, so there is still hope. On RQ, we haven't seen a good sized batch of LOAs in a month. A few have trickled in (wish mine would be one of them since I know it's ready!). God has been talking to me through this, and I know it's a test of faith. It's not my time, it's His, and it's part of the bigger picture.

The hardest part at the moment is Kacie and her feelings. She actually cried the other day. She doesn't believe this adoption is going to happen. It's not like she can see a growing belly or anything tangible. We keep telling her it's getting closer, and then we get the rug ripped out from under us. She is a confused little girl, very mad at China right now. She wants her little brother! It breaks my heart.

So, we are going to enjoy the beautiful weekend that God has given us. I hope you are enjoying yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment