Monday, May 25, 2009

Looking back at holidays and our journey

I had no idea how many holidays were in the US and China. Here is our journey and the correlating holidays:

Mar. 2008: Good Friday/Easter weekend, decision to adopt!
Oct. 2008: trying to get update on Tyson, China's Harvest Holiday
Dec. 2008: received I800A approval, trying to get authenticated, Christmas and snow!
Jan. 2009: waiting for LID, Chinese New Year
May 2009: wanting info on where LOA is, Chinese Holiday (similar to our Labor Day)
SWINE FLU
May 2009: HOPING for LOA, Memorial Day

It has seemed like at every turn, there has been a holiday. I'm not complaining, I just think it's interesting. I'm sure there are more, but that's all off the top of my head.

No news today, hopefully tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. jolene,

    yes, our timing is very similar...sadly. i know pretty much exactly how you are feeling (minus about an extra 20+ days!). Surely, surely, you'll have good news tomorrow! i'll be checking for news from you!!

    ReplyDelete