So my life has been on hold for this adoption now since September. I have loved this little boy from half a world away for almost 8 months. If I had learned I was pregnant in September, I'd be having a baby by now!
With Swine Flu now in mainland China, it is really looking like things really are going to slow down. There were some Travel Approvals on Friday, so I figured for sure we'd see LOA on Monday. Nope.... I knew they wouldn't come today, we hardly ever see a first round of LOAs on a Tuesday on RQ. "We" are all the waiting parents who gather at a site called China Adopt Talk to compare wait times and offer undying support to each other. It's very cool, and I've met some really amazing people.
Back on track...so yeah, we saw NO LOAs. And, other agencies are reporting that referrals and mailings have stopped. WHY!? Well, I know that China doesn't want a repeat of SARS. The CDC says H1N1 is not to be an issue. I can understand not visiting orphanages. I would even skip the trip to Beijing. I just want to get my son home and get my life going.
I cannot plan for next year. I thought I'd have LOA by now, and I could tell the school district I'd be traveling this summer, and I'd take time off Sept/Oct/and maybe Nov too. I really wanted to travel in the summer to not take sick leave, and it was looking like it would work out so well. This is the part where I yell, "Why God?" I know I know, His timing is perfect, everything happens for a reason, yes, I know. But with a HUGE grade change as a possibility, this just complicates things even more. I was becoming OK with a July travel. Now it's looking like August at best. I seriously thought I had this all worked out...God is laughing at me.
I am just sad for my little boy and time we are losing with him and he is losing with us. The bonding that would have taken place over the summer would have been amazing. Please keep Tyson in your prayers. Thanks!
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



We will keep Tyson in our prayers, as we will all of your family.
ReplyDeleteKevin and Violet
I am so sorry. I feel the anxiety that you are expressing and I pray that the Lord would help you calm those. I'm struggling with the wait too, simply in not knowing what kind of backlog this whole Swine flu business is going to cause. We're a few weeks behind you, but I feel it already...
ReplyDeleteBe blessed,
Courtney (from RQ)
Saying prayers for Tyson, and that your LOA will come quickly! I soooo well remember how hard the waiting was, and we waited for an entire year after seeing our Maia's picture until we could travel to finally bring her home. Hopefully it won't go that long for you!
ReplyDeleteJolene-we are in the same boat as you (the slow one!)!! We hit day 100 today waiting for our LOA and I too am a teacher who was counting on traveling in July! If it takes to much longer, I will have to take off through Nov.!! I am praying for all of us waiting!
ReplyDelete