Thursday, April 30, 2009

I should be happy...Day 99.

I should be shouting it from the rooftops, but instead, I'm horrified to even say it.

My LOA/LOC is ready to be issued. I should be happy, elated, screaming! I should be jumping around like a crazy person. Instead, I want to crawl in a hole and cry. My agency contacted CCAA last night to find out about all of the rumors that CCAA is closing due to Swine Flu, so they asked about my LOA too. I have been so afraid it was in the wrong department. I was told today that yes, it is being processed and will be issued when CCAA is again sending out approvals.

Did you read that? My agency said that CCAA is not sending out LOCs/LOAs, TAs, or anything else at this time. And tomorrow is a holiday in China. Basically, China is strongly recommending that no one travel at this time. That I understand, but I don't understand why they are stopping all regular paperwork. That is ridiculous! So instead of it being sent out this week and getting it next week, I am guessing that I am looking at a MINIMUM of 2 more weeks until I get LOC. That means Mid may, which means August travel! UGH!!!

My poor little boy...I am so sorry...

4 comments:

  1. Oh no! No! I can't believe it. I really can't.

    But, Jolene, it's being processed. China has said Tyson is yours. That letter will come, and you'll be waiting for TA just like me. So even though you don't have it in your hand, this is as official as it gets, and it is great news. It really is.

    I don't believe things are going to be held up for long. If I did, I'd have to eat the entire bag of miniature candies rather than seven (or so) of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right there with ya. I was literally in a hole (my basement) yesterday bawling like a baby. I was/am just emotionally done with it all. I emailed my agency yesterday and got more promising news than you. My agency's contacts from Beijing reported that just yesterday the CCAA was in the process of preparing to send out referrals and ta's. Apparently the news varies from agency to agency. My agency said they had a family leave for China just yesterday and another scheduled to leave in 2 weeks and there is no objection from China at this point. So, although the CCAA has issued a "warning" about traveling, they are still allowing travel. That's good news for anyone in any stage right now. So, don't lose all hope. Next week really could be THE week! julia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There seems to be so much conflicting information coming from CCAA about this. Hopefully, there will be some clarification on this soon.

    It is GREAT news, though, that your LOA/LOC is being processed.

    I know words don't help much, but keep believing. It will happen.

    Kevin and Violet

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry to hear this. I will keep you lifted up in prayer. Such a hard thing to hear after waiting sooooo long.

    ReplyDelete