Saturday, April 11, 2009

Day 80 and a lot of memories




Top: Here is a picture of Tyson's room, and now most of what is in the other two pictures is now filling his room and a corner of my living room. UGH! Yes, we went with a small (and cheap!) toddler bed, thinking that as soon as he's tall enough, he can have Kacie's twin bed and we will buy Kacie a double bed. I remember when Kacie went to her big girl bed, and I was so afraid she'd fall out, even at 2.5 years old.

Pics 2 and 3: Here is what my house looked like after bringing in all the stuff from the garage.

Today we had no plans AND Dan and I were both home (that happens twice a year!) We decided to clean out some shelves the rafters in the garage of Kacie's baby stuff--clothes, blankets, chairs of all kinds, you name it. I sorted it to see what we can keep for Tyson and what will go into a garage sale that Dan's mom is going to coordinate to help us earn spending $$ for China. To say it was an emotional day is an understatement: I cried twice and even a little as I type. Certain outfits, certain toys, so many memories. Kacie will be 8 in June. For those who don't know, she was a premie. she was only 5 weeks early, but she did have respiratory distress and was in the NICU at Tacoma General for 3 weeks. She stopped breathing once. So yes, lots of memories and emotions. I can't look at her walker and not think about how she had chicken pox at 11 months old, and it was the best two days I ever stayed home with her. She didn't know anything was wrong, so she was happy and cruisin' in her walker to children's music all day long in just a diaper.

Although the spring cleaning had to happen because of the adoption, today was really about Kacie. The Lord has blessed us with a beautiful, caring daughter. There is nothing I wouldn't do for her. And now we wait for her brother to join us and complete our family.

Happy Easter Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment