Saturday, April 4, 2009

Day 73, spring break, beeps, and other info.

After such a depressing start to the week (happy for others of course!), my husband and I decided to get away for a night on Thursday to celebrate our anniversary. Today is our 11 year anniversary, but he had to work, so we settled for celebrating early. I came home to see more LOAs, and not one is mine. I did finish the paperwork so that when LOC does come, it can be mailed off immediately. That is one piece of advice I've been given several times, so that feels good to have done. Thanks for the advice! So it has been an uneventful spring break, but I've worked on Tyson's room, and hopefully we'll get LOC soon to fill that room with a little guy! In the meantime, I'm trying not to get my hopes up for anything this month, but it's hard.

All of the beeping: I am also excited to have a new cell phone! It takes beautiful pictures, so hopefully I can post more often with pictures. I did not get the web browser , but I did get the email option. I can't believe the difference a nice phone makes, but so many beeps! We also got a home security system installed on Tuesday. Ugh! I'll grow to like it...especially when Dan works nights. But if you don't turn off the chime, you hear, "beep beep beep, front door open" everytime you open a door, and with 4 doors and as much as we go in and out, it's annoying. I did figure out how to turn it off.

Thanks for the comments, it really helps get through the wait. It's sad that Tyson has to spend so much more time in the orphanage, when we are ready now! Hindsight is 20/20, and there are so many things I'd do differently. But, I would keep my agency! They are the best. They are Faith International Adoptions from Tacoma, WA. It is a small agency, which could be the reason for the longer wait, but I'd rather have an agency with personal attention than a large one that doesn't know my name. And who knows if there's any truth to that either regarding wait times for LOA/LOC. If anyone would like information on my journey or my experience with my agency, feel free to leave a comment, and I will get you my email. I am happy to help, and it makes this wait feel like it's for a purpose!

As for my faith, I know this is all happening for a reason. I've been reading I Samuel, and earlier in the week I was really identifying with how the people of Israel wanted a King like the other nations and took their eyes off of God. I feel like I did that earlier in the week, and yesterday. I must stop comparing my situation to others and remember to keep my eyes on the Lord, for He is in control.

Have a great week everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for your sweet comment for LadyLL!

    She's in XuZhou, Jiangsu, so we will be hugging her in Nanjing and staying at the Mandarin Garden like so many before us.
    My brain was already mush after LOA/LSC, and now with TA, I'm useless ;)

    But please please follow along our blog, and leave me a note just before we travel, and I will direct a little love in the direction of your Tyson.

    Hugs for a happy weekend for you!
    Trena

    Oh, and other advice... get started on the baby items for packing... I thought I had a good bit, but apparently not. :O Wish I'd printed out the baby meds/supplies list and done a little each week with regular groceries so it would already be done... Happy Shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, what kind of paperwork do you need for LOA? I thought we were done rushing around to get paperwork finished. I guess I was wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I emailed you, but if you don't receive it you can email me at shirlee@shirleemccoy.com. Sometimes my emails go directly into spam folders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary!

    We know it's hard to wait for things to happen, but keep the faith. God knows the timing, and it won't be a second too early or a second too late!

    Take care,

    Kevin and Violet

    ReplyDelete