Kacie had a sleepover, so they are sacked out in the living room. I woke up with yet another migraine, so the coffee is on as we speak. Busy days around here. I had to get more passport photos of Kacie for her visa because I have no idea where the orignals are. Not a big deal, just more running around for us. She had a game again last night and got 2 hits! They only play 2 innings, and everyone bats. They use a pitching machine, and they get 5 strikes. On her last at bat, she had 4 strikes, and I was so nervous, then she hit the ball and it rolled out to the grass! She also got to be pitcher AND catcher last night. I told her that's the most action she'll see all year--LOL! Other than 1st base, those are the busiest places to be on the field.
So after the game I asked her if she was nervous when she didn't have a hit after 4 strikes. She said, "No, I just prayed to God in my head that I'd hit the ball!" Dan and I were very proud of her for that. It is nice to hear her say she is praying on her own, even if it is just to hit a ball! We know she prays a lot. We have another game at 5:00 tonight, but it's looking gray outside...we shall see if the rain sprinkles or pours!
Here in the NW there are many words for rain: drizzle, sprinkle, light rain, heavy rain...it's 6:45 am, and I can't think of any more, but you get the idea. I grew up in a temperate rainforest. You don't just say, "It's raining." That has too many meanings! Sometimes you just say, "It has rained three inches today," and that is enough said!
Well, have a great day everyone! Good bless, and if you didn't read the blog below, you should! Tyson is growing!
Edited: 5 hours later, Kacie and her friend went outside as precipitation fell from the sky. I said, "Kacie, it's raining! Get a jacket with a hood on!" Kacie's response: "Mom, it's not raining, it's only sprinkling!" See???? There is a continuum of words for rain here!
Saturday, April 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment