The day started off depressing...still no COC (Certificate of Citizenship) which meant that the insurance company was still not happy. We still had no surgery date, which meant that life was still in limbo. All that changed between 2:00 and 4:00pm.
The COC came in the mail today, and it has Ty's pitiful little visa photo on it. He screamed and wailed during the photo in Guangzhou, so just to get a photo was a feat in itself. So tomorrow the plan is to go to the Social Security office to apply for a SS#.
Then the rain came...hard. Ty had a late nap, as he refused to go to sleep. It was getting close to time to pick Kacie and her friend up from the bus, so I opened his door and began putting laundry away. When he woke up, he wasn't his normal ready to play self. He wanted to cuddle. Ty usually has two things on his mind when he wakes up: eat and play, so this cuddling thing was sort of fun, but it had to be short lived because the clock was ticking and rain was pouring. I would have to drive rather than walk to meet the bus.
Just as we were leaving, I am not kidding, walking out the door, the phone rang, and it was Children's Hospital to set up Ty's surgery. UGH!!! I took the number, drove to the bus stop, and called back while I waited for the kids.
Ty's surgery will be December 8th. His pre-op appt will be December 7th. And then the bus was 20 minutes late anyway, so I could have set this up from home. But anyway, it's scheduled. Later than I would like, but glad to have a date.
So now I have decisions to make about going back to work. I wish I could stay home always, but it's not in the cards. But anyway, praise the Lord, the day was good.
Thursday, October 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Glad to hear that the surgery is scheduled. What decisions are you making about work?
ReplyDeleteJolene- So glad the day turned around for you. And so glad you had a few precious moments of that cuddling!
ReplyDeleteBlessings, Sandy