Saturday, October 3, 2009

Cute pictures, tables, and work decision





Well, isn't every picture of Tyson cute? Sorry, but it's true! (OK, a little mom bias there!)

We are busily rearranging some tables in our house to be more kid friendly. I bought a bar table at IKEA last year, and I hate it. It was supposed to be my work table, but come to find out, I like me feet to touch the floor while I work. However, Kacie is just dying to have that table in her playroom. So we made a deal.

She has a toddler table that I wanted to move to the kitchen for Tyson. However, Kacie has been slightly put out about having to give some of her things to Tyson. So I made her this deal: She could have my bar table for homework if we could move "her" toddler table to the kitchen for Tyson to use, and of course, she could still use it too. Hook, line, sinker...done deal! I am getting our very old and worn out round table to use for working. I'd like to get a new one, but funds are going to be tight, so I'm making due. This is also why we aren't buying Ty a new table and chair set and making due with what we have.

I have decided to take 1 month of leave without pay. My adoption leave is over Oct. 16th. After that I have to begin taking leave without pay. I have decided to go back Nov. 16th through Dec. 4th. Then I will be off again for Tyson's palate surgery Dec. 7th through the 18th, and then the holiday/winter break begins.

The leave without pay will be stretched over 10 months, and you'd be surprised how much 1/12 of your paycheck cuts into your budget. We will be fine, no doubt, but I think that extra 1/12 was a lot of our money we spent on this and that. The good news is that by only taking 1 month unpaid, we can still meet all of our financial goals for the next 6-8 months.

Well, I must continue the musical tables process! Tyson is doing great, as you can see. I noticed today he actually has a little pudge to his ankles! Awwwwww....

2 comments:

  1. When I pulled up your blog, I had a fussy baby, then your "We Are Family" song started and I had a smiling, bouncing, dancing boy!!! HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You gotta love that song! During my wait all my songs were so serious...I had to get something fun on there! I'm glad your baby liked it!

    ReplyDelete