


I have to wonder. I am on day 8 of feeling like there is a printing press pushing on my head. Friday night I pumped myself up with airborne, green tea, and gatorade; and I woke up feeling pretty good on Saturday. I took Kacie shoe shopping (the one thing we didn't do before/after China. Poor kid was still in Crocs from the summer and one pair of sneakers!). I even showered and blow dried my hair, all within the same hour! So yes, I was feeling great. After Ty's nap, we went outside for some much needed outdoor play. Kacie rode her bike while Ty scooted his big wheel up and down the road. We are so lucky to live on a residential, yet pretty sleepy dead-end road. Add to that Kacie has classmates 5 houses down on the left and the right--both boys, but when you're 8, who cares! So I was with Ty, and Kacie grabbed the boys for an afternoon bike ride. Around 5:30 we called it quits so Kacie could get ready for a Halloween party, and I could take Tyson out to dinner with my old principal and some teacher friends. All was good until I got home, and once again, the Mac truck came and flattened me. I guess feeling like I belonged in the world was very short lived. So here I am, missing church again. I am over the fever/chills/sore throat. That was at the beginning of the week. I just have this nasty cold and cough that won't go away.
"No! Tyson! Stop!" These are the words of the house, and they aren't necessarily my words, they are Kacie's. Tyson has decided it's fun to hit people again. I'm sure this has everything to do with the fact that I left him at preschool this week. Must have been the longest 2 hours of his life for him to lash out like this. He cries a little when I leave, but they can get him involved in something quickly, like bikes or art. He LOVES the art table! When I pick him up from preschool, I stand outside the classroom and listen to him. I hear, "LO LO LO LO GA GA GA GA AGH!" Yes, he is vocal, and he imitates everything. Whatever tone Kacie says something, he says it back, almost mockingly. I can't help but laugh from the other room.
So what else is different? Well I'm glad I didn't paint the kitchen before Tyson. He has drawn on most of the drawers now. The floor is scratched from the high chair, and he has shown interest in eating at the table. So I got out the booster and he can do it, but he uses his feet to push his chair away from the table. That's not going to work...But I have plan B. I'll try putting his chair along the wall so he can't push back! HA HA! He also likes to ride his big wheel in the house, more scratching of floors. He can't reach the pedals, but he scoots along just fine. My back yard is filled with maple leaves. I learned yesterday that the neighbors have been admiring the maple trees were so fortunately (sarcasm) blessed with upon moving in. I'll admit, in the summer the shade is nice.
As you can tell, we are just practical, simple, ordinary people. Someday I'll look at those scratches on the floor and remember just how tiny Tyson was when we brought him home. Or someday when we can afford to remodel the kitchen (hahahaha!) I'll want to save a few of those drawers that I couldn't get permenant ink off of. And when I finally rake the leaves, I'll remember the shade they provided over the summer. So what's changed? A lot, and in the moment I get frustrated, but in reflection, I love every bit of it!



Do they test for swine flu where you live? Our Peanut was so sick for 10 days with what we're sure was the swine flu, but our pediatrician doesn't test for it. It was sort of frustrating since we'll never know for sure!
ReplyDeleteI highly doubt they will test for it here. It costs too much. I think I'm down to just a cold now...but the fatigue is doing more to me psychologically--and making me a sub-par parent!
ReplyDelete