Thursday, December 10, 2009

We are home!






And it's not easy, but here we are. Yesterday, the last morphine dose was 8am, and at noon we switched to oral pain meds and tylenol. Ty quickly became his regular old self! We had to get out of the room because it was shrinking quickly, so we grabbed a wagon and off we went for a walk and to the play room. They discharged us at about 4:00pm and we were home by 7pm. I slept in his room in a sleeping bag and on an air mattress just in case he needed me. He slipped out of his arm restraints not once, but twice! He did sleep solid from 9:30-12:00, let out a little cry, I patted his back, the slept til 3:30. Then off and on til 7:30am.

He will drink a little water out of a cup, he had a few small bites of malt-o-meal, and that was it. Last night we tried everything we could think of, and he just wasn't having it. I did get him to take some tylenol, but now he refuses the pain meds. Ugh!

So now he's hanging out in the house, running around and we're watching him carefully. He hates the arm restraints! I think most kids do. Thanks for all the prayers. It's still hard to watch him bleed and put in ear drops in his yucky ears, but I know we have to do it. I know he's mad he can't have his normal food. I hope he increases his appetite more. Thanks for all the prayers.

He says, "Someday soon, I'm going to blow these bubbles!"


3 comments:

  1. What a handsome little boy. Glad you are home and things seem to being going well. At least for 2 days post surgery.

    XOXO
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see Tyson home. Jake didn't take many of his pain meds. Tylenol worked just fine for him.

    We ended up putting Jake's food in the blender and pureeing it during the time he couldn't eat solid foods. It might not have looked so good, but he was able to drink his favorites that way. LOL. He handled it well for the most part, but he did miss being able to chew his food at times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Recovery is always so much better when it's at home. There's just something so nice about being in your own bed. Glad you all are home.;)

    ReplyDelete