

Wow, what a quick week. On Monday I woke up sick, and I suffered through the day. I stayed home Tuesday, so Wednesday I returned to work in a panic, realizing I needed to be prepared for my sub. Thursday night we had pictures taken. Today the sixth grade at my school made the 2.5 hour trek to Seattle to see The Nutcracker. All that to say...I am exhausted.
I still have some work to correct and a few loose ends to wrap up at school. Dan starts a new 12 hr shift tomorrow, working 6am to 6pm. I need to get Kacie ready to stay anywhere from a few days to a week at friends' houses. But most importantly, I need to get myself prepared. I can't believe Ty is finally having his palate surgery on Tuesday, December 8th. On one hand it seems like it came out of nowhere after this crazy week. On the otherhand, I had hoped it would happen sooner. For example, "aw-nos" is his word for "McDonalds". Yes, we have Americanized this kid! He needs this surgery for his speech. I will try to post before during and after, just as people did for me. Ty is also getting tubes in his ears. So in January he will start private speech therapy, and hopefully we'll see some gains and improvement over the next 6 months. I love how he talks now, but going to Kindergarten saying, "Go go ga low no no gow la la" isn't going to cut it. It sure is cute though.
His new thing is to tell us "No" using the word, with a head shake. He has also spent the last three days with Dan at home, and we can see a huge difference in his connection with his daddy. This is a huge step. Dan's schedule changed again, and he now works 4 days, then has 4 days off. Great schedule!
Enjoy your weekend! I can't say I will enjoy it, but I will make the most of it! Enjoy a few more pictures!



God bless. It will be hard, but it will be best for little Ty.
ReplyDeleteWe'll be thinking of him.
Kevin and Violet and Jake
Sweet pictures. Well we live about 15 minutes from Childrens, I would love to come and see you guys, that is if you are up for visitors.
ReplyDeleteAmy
Amy that would be so cool! Do you have my email? I can't click on your email button because I have to use web-based email. Email me! It's djkpowell@msn.com.
ReplyDeleteLove the photos!
ReplyDeleteI know this is hard, but I also know that it will be good for Ty in the long run. We'll be praying for you as you prepare for his surgery. You know that he will be in our prayers and in our thoughts this Tuesday.
Oh Jolene! What a blessing this will be, but you must be so worried! God's hand will be with Ty and we here in MI will be praying!!! He will do great!
ReplyDelete