Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Palate Surgery Follow-Up

The day started off with me getting 15 minutes from home and forgetting my purse! Ugh! 30 minutes wasted. The rest of day was good though!

I took Tyson up to Children's Hospital so the surgeon could check his palate. Basically, the palate is mostly healed except for a spot on his soft palate. This spot still has stitches and isn't healed yet. Only time will tell, but hopefully, it will heal, but the dr. wanted me to know that it may not heal. However, it's not usually a spot that gets a fistula, knock on wood! So once again, I'm asking for prayers for God to heal Tyson's mouth. If you could fit that in to your prayers of the holidays, I'd sure appreciate it. I am believing God to heal his mouth completely.

In the meantime, Tyson can now feed himself and we have one more week of soft foods, then we can start introducing regular foods slowly. Tyson is very happy about having control of the spoon again--LOL!

We then went on to visit with a family we met in China! It was so great to see them and talk about our kiddos and how much they have changed since August. Wow! Their little girl is such a cutie pie. In fact, all their kids were adorable!

Well, it's time to start gearing up for the big days ahead. Lots to do, lots going on. Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

  1. I will be praying for Ty's recovery to be complete.
    BTW Thank you for your tip to get a picture of the LOA, I did and then my daughter got many pictures of us signing it. With all the fuss and holiday stuff going on around here I don't know if I would have thought of it if it were not for you reminding me to do so.
    Keep us posted on Ty and have a very Merry CHRISTmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll definitely keep Tyson in our prayers for a complete healing! May you all have a wonderful first Christmas with Ty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for Tyson to heal completely. Wishing your family a very blessed and Merry Christmas!
    Blessings, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. We will keep Tyson in our prayers.

    Merry Christmas to you all!

    ReplyDelete