Tuesday, December 29, 2009

3 weeks post surgery: A first!

Today Ty drank from a sippy cup with the stopper in! For parents who have kids with cl/cp, you know my elation. He doesn't like to do it, but I clapped and made a huge deal, so he smiled and kept at it. And maybe someone can tell me why he insists that I hold the cup? I had to show him to put his lips around the spout. He's just used to biting on it to make the drink come out (it's a soft spout).

Anyway, 3 posts in one day is ridiculous, but this was big news I just HAD to share!!! Whoooo Hooooo! Here are some random photos from December that were on Kacie's camera. Thanks to Kacie for taking these!


Decorating a bag while we waited for a picture with Santa at the local fire station on Dec. 6th. Earlier that morning, Santa drove by our house on a fire engine with an ambulance in front blaring Christmas songs! Santa even threw candy. I love our small community!


Just lounging with Ba Ba, sometime after getting home from surgery.


Sporting my sunglasses today! What a goofball.


He loves to cuddle after the bath, and so do I! I always remember the 2 years of his life he didn't get this. It breaks my heart.

2 comments:

  1. Yep, that's a big step. It was really cool for us, too, when we let Jake try out a straw for the first time after his surgery and it WORKED. He was pretty happy about it, too.

    The pictures are great, too. Kacie is quite the photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ty,
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from your Changzhou buddy, Taylor.

    ReplyDelete