I told him now that he's three he has to wear pull-ups and underwear, and he has to start going on the potty. We've been working on it, and he had gone a total of 3 times--EVER--on the potty. Then today... TA DA! Five times he told me "I pee" or just "pee" and off we'd go, and he'd go!
I have tried not to sweat this, but inside I was getting a little nervous that he'd be going to Kindergarten in diapers. I'm not saying he is potty trained, but what I am saying is that today we turned a major corner! Yay!
In other news...
My dad has been back in the hospital for his heart. Please pray for him. He will hopefully get out tomorrow. A pacemaker might be in his future.
I am still pretty appalled at the insensitivity on RQ, but I continue to go there (I miss you MCK! I need your blog address again!)
For the fourth of July we are staying close to home, enjoying some community fireworks in our area and BBQing with some friends.
Tuesday is our 2nd and final post-placement report visit! When that report is complete, we will do the re-adoption to get Ty a state birth certificate.
Ty continues his obsession with Lightning McQueen. He has two cars, and one has to be in his hand at all times. He goes to sleep with them, wakes with them. But if you've seen how I decorated his room, you understand. If you're new to the blog, here's a picture of his room. This was from last October, and his room is Disney Cars.

Well, make that SIX times going potty since I started typing! :)
Jolene



Congrats on the potty-training! Isn't that such a relief? That picture of Ty's room, he looks so little! He's grown up so much since then.
ReplyDeleteHooray getting trained! We just passed this hurdle ourselves and Faith turns 3 on Friday! So glad to be done with pull-ups. Our best for your father :) And Happy 4th! Also I missed the details on RQ...what's up?
ReplyDeleteYeah, I should have added that those clothes are 18 months! He now wears mostly 3T.
ReplyDeleteWay to go TY!!!
ReplyDeleteMCK's blog address is http://courtneykrause.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteWe tried potty training this week. On Sunday night we bought this really cool princess throne potty that makes a fanfare when you go. We also bought princess pull-ups. Taylor did excellent on Monday. She was dry almost all day and was even going in by herself and sitting. She did almost as good on Tuesday. The rest of the week -she wants NOTHING to do with it. She just wants to go in her diaper. I am not sure what to do. I think we will just stop for a few weeks.
Nice job Ty!!!
ReplyDeleteHey Jolene, I'm still here! My blog is www.courtneykrause.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteI'm itching to get back on RQ, but the mods have me banned until the third week in July for *advertising*.....and religious comments. Ugh. The liberal bias on RQ is really annoying!! But I will still go there at least through this next adoption if only for the sake of the people who are NOT like that.