Monday, July 12, 2010

The little things...

Tonight, Tyson noticed I have a mosquito bite on my leg. Lately he has been obsessed with band-aids. He had just had a bath, and I thought that when he asked for a band aid it was for him. He went to get one, then asked me to open it. To my surprise, he put it on MY LEG! He was fixing my ow-ie.

To the typical family, this is so cute, sweet, etc... but for us, this is MAJOR. This is showing compassion, wanting to help heal someone. Kids with attachment issues often do not feel compassion or remorse. We have been working so hard on this, so this was a big deal. And yes, it was pretty darn cute and sweet too!

Today we went to the lake to visit one of my friends from high school who was up here camping from California. We took some time to find a spot where we could safely throw rocks in the lake, and Ty just thought that was the greatest past time ever!

Here he is showing me the rock he's about to throw.


And he's very thrilled when the rock plunks into the water and make a wake around it. He thought that was hilarious! I truly had no idea this was all it took to make him happy. I guess we'll go to the lake more often!


And of course, here are my two beautiful children. I love them so much!


And then to end the day, we got the bad news that my dad was not able to have his heart procedure. I will be going back to Seattle tomorrow to help my mom. He will be in the hospital the next few days as we figure out what to do from here. Please keep praying. There is a chance this is a blessing in disguise....or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment