Sunday, February 14, 2010

The consonants are coming!

Tyson's "b" and "p" sounds are increasing rapidly.

Today he brought me a pack of M&Ms that grandma gave him, and he said, "Ma Ma open". And the "p" sound was there!!! That is the first time he has truly used words that I understood to request something.

Then there's potty training, which will have to be another post. Tonight I said, "Tyson, do you want to go potty?" And quickly and crisply he said, "Nope!" Again, with a "p" sound. He also says "oop" for "oops".

He is also saying "oby" for our dog "Koby". We praise him up and down for using his words.

Other consonants are lagging or coming very faintly. But this week was such a huge increase in using "b" and "p" purposefully, not just by accident. It's not 100%--far from it, but it's there, and I'm so proud of him!

1 comment:

  1. That's wonderful that Ty is getting the sounds he needs to be making.
    I wish you all the best with potty training.

    ReplyDelete