Thursday, November 26, 2009

We are thankful today and everyday!



As I was falling asleep, I tried to think of a way to convey what I am thankful for in a not-so-typical way. The best way I can do it is to emulate a great children's book called "Q is for Duck".

P is for wet. Why? Because last night as we were coming in the house, Tyson found a Puddle to stomp in and get all wet. As I stared horrified, Dan said, "There's your boy!"

R is for Ma Ma. Why? Because Ty's new thing to say to me is "Ma Ma! RAININ'!" (It rains over 100 inches a year where we live).

M is for toys. Why? Because there is a constant Mess of toys in my house!

T is for AFV. Why? Because we have found a Television show the whole family can enjoy, even Tyson: America's Funniest Home Videos! He oooooh's and aaaaah's at people. I guess stupidity is a universal language.

R is for bedtime. Why? Because in the last few times, Ty lets me Rock him before bed.

All of these things and more bring tears to my eyes and joy in my heart. I am truly thankful that God is good to me and my family. I am thankful to China for allowing us to adopt Tyson. I am thankful to the US that he is a citizen. I am so thankful that he is in good health and is a bright little boy with a smile that lights up a room. I am thankful that he is with us to get the medical attention he needs (surgery in 12 days!). I am thankful for the hugs and kisses he gives, the little games he plays, and the energy he brings to our home.

But of course, I can't forget Kacie, who started her life on tubes and a breathing machine. A 6lbs 9oz 35 week preemie who was so sick with respiratory distress she couldn't maintain her own body temperature and eat/suck/swallow on her own. (Her lungs were not developed when my water spontaneously broke) My little baby who received monthly shots to keep her healthy, who endured pnemonia at age 3. He lungs had about all they could handle. AND NOW? She is FULL OF LIFE every moment of the day. She hops around the house, so excited for the holidays. She loves Jesus and is a great big sister. She has a ton of friends and a caring and nurturing heart.

So with that everyone, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

    We all have so very much to be thankful for. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet!! Have a very happy Thanksgiving

    Amy

    ReplyDelete