Saturday, November 14, 2009

Tyson before lip repair

I figured out how to get this into a jpeg and thought some people might like to see it. China did an amazing job on Tyson's lip repair. This picture was taken 4-10-08, and his surgery was 4-21-08. This was a picture I received in my recent HTS report.

The paperwork stated that Tyson has a left unilateral complete cleft lip and palate. However, there is a red mark on the right that is another microform cleft that we didn't know about until we got him home. But if you are waiting for a child with a complete unilateral cleft lip and palate, here's what it may have looked like before repair. Our doctor here is very happy with the repair that Ty had in China.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it amazing what they can do? Bella's was bilateral and I am amazed what the doctors in China were able to do. I look at her now and don't even see anything. Not sure what others see when they first see her. Isn't that funny? A mommy's love I guess. Tyson is adorable ... I think it is so cute that he loves "Ella". Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete