I haven't blogged in a week, which means sadly, we haven't done anything very exciting. But we are about to have some new beginnings. Three months ago today, we were boarding a plane to China as a family of three. Since then, we have brought Tyson into our lives and have gone through all the typical international adoption transitions. We are finally finding our "normal" as a family of four.
I am a planner. As a teacher, I like my lesson plans to be done a week in advance, and I will make changes as needed. As a mom, I like the family calendar all written down a month in advance. But even the best laid plans change.
I had planned to have the morning to clean the house while Ty was at preschool (I am well! Now I have to make up for all the cleaning I missed while sick). Tomorrow he was going to daycare, and I was going to go to school to make lesson plans for next week. But I got a call that I could get Ty the H1N1 vaccine on Friday. Well, time to change plans! So I went to school and got as much done as I could. And when I dropped him off at preschool today, I told the teacher it would be the last time she would see me, so we made meeting time for tomorrow as well to see how Ty is progressing, so more on that tomorrow.
Times are changing, and we are finding our normal life again. No more waiting for letters, no more wondering how Tyson will fit in. No more of being scared of leaving him at daycare or preschool. I have prepared him the best I can, and things are going well. Part of me wishes I could stay home longer, and part of me can't wait to get back to work!
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



So there is life after this waiting? All I do is watch for e-mails for Gavin's updates and looking for the people who got their LOA's and trying to do the math as to how far off we might be.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you guys have a rhythm in your house now. I wish you all the best as you get back to the class room