Monday, May 16, 2011

We are home!

Ahhhhh...one beat mama here. It's one thing for a planned surgery away from home, quite another when it's unplanned. But the surgery was totally not a big deal when compared to something like palate surgery. In fact, I think this is easier than ear tubes. Just controlling the pain, and he's fine. And really, he's not in much pain at all. When he woke up this morning he was hurting from not having pain meds over night, but other then that, he's doing great!

This picture is a few hours after the surgery. Clearly, feeling no pain! Gotta love morphine. Today he's just on Tylenol w/codene. Tomorrow we switch to tylenol/ibuprofen.

5 comments:

  1. So glad he came through well! I was praying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! And just think..he'll never have to worry about that wicked pain again. I was so relieved to finally know what was causing me so much pain all those years and know I'd never have it again. He looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a relief that you're home! Love the photo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my...what a relief that everything went okay! An appendectomy is scary. You can see he's doing well in the cute photo. :)

    ReplyDelete