The shared list for China special needs children waiting to be adopted came out on Monday night. It is always a week of emotion in the China special needs adoption community. So many parents waiting for their child, perfect to them in every way. When the matches are made, some are ecstatic, others cautiously optimistic, while others are grieving a loss because the match made was not their child. I've been in the latter two situations, and it's an emotional roller coaster. Of course we were happy when we matched with Ty, but we were coming off of a match that was not our son, so it was bittersweet. And after a few months of considering pulling our LOI, when we finally decided he was our son no matter what, then we started celebrating and getting excited!
So congratulations to all who were matched this week! It is such a fun, exciting, and scary time for sure. The unknowns can be very nerve racking indeed. But the cool part is, God is our Father, and if you lean on Him, and I mean press in and just let him wrap you in his arms, he will comfort you every step of the way. I have talked in depth on this blog about my rounds with God during our wait, needing clarity, not getting a response, and stepping out in faith and obedience. At many points, I didn't want to hear about God's perfect timing. But oh boy...when he reveals all to you, and you see His perfect timing and His perfect will being done, it will knock your socks off and you will be amazed!
And on a side note, we are all on the mend from whatever bug hit us this week. I am down to just a cold.
Friday Ty had speech therapy after school, and then my kiddos were ready for a trip to the park!

I hope you're enjoying your weekend!



Glad you are all on the mend.
ReplyDeleteI still struggle with God's timing; pretty much all the time! Even though we got the perfect little boy, I still wish it would have been sooner, and I wish we could have another, like, months ago instead of in 3-4 years like the plan is now. :(
Oh I hear you Amy. We waited for Ty from match to Gotcha 11 months, and that was with paperwork sitting at USCIS for a month already. It should have taken maybe, maybe 7-8 months at the most, not 11. I struggle with that as well. But I have to trust God that He did it for a reason.
ReplyDelete