The decision to adopt again...it's not an easy one.
We have many reasons not to. We have a small house, so it will be more crowded--but that is by American standards. One child will have to share a room, most likely Tyson. Then there's the cost, which we certainly do not have at this time but are exploring ways to make it work. Our dreams of remodeling our house will go way down on the priority list.
Now consider this. Orphans. Children who don't have a home. One child could have a family that he/she may not otherwise have. We have great medical insurance, and we are surprisingly open to needs we weren't before. Maybe a special focus child? A boy most likely, around age 3. So many who need homes, and we could provide it. But most importantly, God calls us to do this, and we answered this call--once.
This is not an easy decision. One child, who has his world changed. Wouldn't that be amazing? It suddenly makes the reasons not to obsolete--to me anyway. There are nay-sayers when I tell them we are looking into it again. They say, "What? Are you crazy?" Hmmmmm...do people say that when someone gets pregnant for the third time? Not usually.
We won't be ready to even consider it until May-July, but for now, I am researching special needs and agencies. We loved our agency before, but I want to cut costs and assemble the dossier myself, which would be much easier to do over the summer when we don't have daycare bills for a month. We may come to that time and say, "No, this is not what God has for us." We still have to consider Tyson's surgery schedule and our work scheudles, but if it is to be, God will make it happen. In fact, God may make it abundantly obvious that this is our path. Perhaps I will see our child's face and just know that it's right.
So for now, we pray that when the time comes, the decision is clear and obvious. The special need will be obvious, and the finances will be there. Until then, we enjoy our two little gifts from God and make the most of what we have.
Life is good, God is amazing, and with God, all things are possible.
Sunday, November 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Perfect! Well said. I am right there with you. I am ready but my honey is not. In time. God's time we will all be on the same page, finances will be there and our next son or daughter will be presented.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing.
I love the line about nobody says anything if you get pregnant again, but say your going to adopt and special needs at that then you are crazy! We are also on that fence- do we adopt or not. We would have to put on an addition as we are just plain out of space, but why not! to change the life of a child forever- how can that not be God's will....
ReplyDeleteOh! I am so there with you! We just can't possibly afford it now. I feel like I could have written this exact same post. I am still hoping that we can adopt again some time soon (even though God surprised us w/ a 16 yr. old recently!) I hope it all works out in God's timing, and I will rejoice with you when you make that announcement!
ReplyDeleteI would love to be saying we are heading to China again. I just feel that there is a little girl and a little boy waiting there to complete our family.
ReplyDeleteP.S. I couldn't read the print unless I highlighted it.
Praying for God's perfect timing for your family. :)
ReplyDelete