Saturday, November 13, 2010

Keeping it real

My husband is off on his yearly journey to hunt the great mule dear. So he has our camera, so I have no new pictures of Ty or KC this week. I also see that it's been awhile since I blogged, and I find that the more I wait, the more I have to say...and how do you keep it all in one post? So I've decided today I'm just going to give a brief update on our family, keeping it real, and nothing overly thought provoking--although I have those topics on my mind too. Big time.

This week was parent conferences, and a big kuddos to my own kids because they are doing well. KC is becoming the student I know she is capable of being. Tyson's teach said he is a "young three" developmentally, which is fine with me...hey, she used the word "3" so even though he's almost 3 years and 5 months, we're catching up. As for me and the teacher side of things, I have some great parents and a great class this year, so all went well. There are always a few tough ones, but we get through it.

I have also been doing the single mom thing a lot, with hunting season and all. Dan was available one set of 4 days, and I thought I had died and gone to heaven. I'm tired. I'm beat down, wore out!

However, I did get away for 3 hours on Thursday, a planned event to have lunch with a newly adoptive mom. Let me just say that I am going to do that more often...to talk with someone who GETS IT! Not that my friends don't get it of course, but unless you're walking in these shoes, it's hard to identify. And then to my other friend's dismay, she had a massage appointment she couldn't get to, so I took it over for her. Darn the bad luck anyway...but really, I hope she gets well soon! So that was my break, and my mom watched the kids.

Kacie started basketball this week at the YMCA. She's a fourth grader on a 4th through 6th team, and she's holding her own right now. I'm very proud of her. This is our first year of FULL Court basketball! It's big time!

We've been having some major attachment stuff again...but I promised nothing too thought provoking, so maybe later on that.

So that's it in a nutshell...just busy busy busy! So today, I'm taking the day to do nothing that involves school work and just being with the kids. But I'm starting to realize that's more work!

No comments:

Post a Comment