...Tyson had his cleft palate repaired. Where did the last year go? He's getting to be such a big boy. He's up to *gulp* 39lbs! He can say so many more words, but we're currently focusing on "f" because he substitutes an "s" sound. He likes to wear his superman PJs and say, "I can sly!" :)
Although he's been home for over 1 year and 3 months, he still is having a lot separation anxiety. He still asks a million times if I am coming back for him. I had no idea how early trauma would affect his ability to feel secure. It's heartbreaking actually...no matter how many times I tell him and prove to him that I am his mommy forever, he just keeps asking if I'm coming back.
We are still considering adopting again. I've been stalking as many agency lists and advocating blogs as I can. But we still don't know how we'd pay for it...hopefully that will get solved.
I just can't believe it's been a year since surgery. I think you always hear about the cleft palate repairs that go bad. I'm happy (and blessed) to say that Ty's was successful. We should have another cleft team appointment in early spring, and we'll go from there. We continue to do private speech therapy every other week, and then he gets speech at preschool 1x a week (on a speech IEP). Overall, he's doing great, and we couldn't be prouder of him!
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment