Thursday, November 4, 2010

Eyes and Ears and Mouth and...



Actually his nose is fine, and his ears are too.

We were at speech therapy and the therapist noticed that Tyson has tongue tie. We don't think it's impacting speech, but we'll bring it up at our next cleft appointment or next doctor's appointment. Another therapist I know says don't clip it! So we'll just wait to see what other experts say, then make a decision.

I've always noticed that Ty seems to hold things close at times when looking at things like books. I began to get worried as he cannot seem to learn his colors. He can count to 10 and is making great progress on the alphabet with very little instruction, so I know he picks things up quickly. So the school nurse checked his hearing and eye sight. I consider this just a screening to let parents know if there is cause for concern. His hearing was fine, but eyes...not too good. 20/50 in the right eye, 20/100 in the left. I have about the same eye sight in my left eye, so I know this is not good. This is also the same eye of Ty's that drifts inward once in awhile, and his eye almost looks a bit smaller too. So I made an appointment to get his eyes checked, and we'll start with an optometrist, and we'll go from there. Due to parent conferences and family conflicts, I can't get Ty in for another 3 weeks, so at that point, I'll give an update. In the meantime, I'll just keep an "eye" on him.

These are from tonight in his "Super Tyson-Man" PJs!

1 comment:

  1. We had to get our daughter glasses at the ripe 'old age of 4 :(. She had the problem you mentioned...with one eye turning in (it happens more often when she is tired.)

    Never a dull moment hey?

    ReplyDelete