So much for my wonderful weekend... That pinched nerve in my back turned into be a back-stabbing-stop-me-in-my-tracks spasm that would leave me screaming in pain and unable to move. So no date night for us!
Dan's sister came about noon on Saturday, and I went to the ER. They gave me some good pain killers and muscle relaxers to get through the weekend. Sadly, the pain meds still weren't strong enough, but I'm not a medicine person, so I just took it and was thankful that at least I had some movement.
I cannot pick up Tyson, which is very upsetting. He's rejecting me because I won't/can't pick him up. He sat on my lap for a bit, but I had to put him down because it was pulling my back too much. I am not supposed to pick up anything heavier than a lap top.
But on a happier note...two families from my agency are in China and are either meeting their children now or will be very soon! Please say a prayer for them over the next week or two as they travel in province and later to Guangzhou. One family is near Beijing, the other in Nanjing, where we met Tyson. Nanjing just holds such a special place in my heart.
Father God, I pray for these families as they meet their new daughter and son, that bonding will occur quickly, grieving will be minimal, and they will travel safely from place to place in China. I pray that you will be with them every step of their journey. Amen
Sunday, April 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



What an awful way to spend the weekend, and the weather was so nice too. At least it was up north Washington state.
ReplyDeleteAs far as our travel dates we leave early morning of May5th and get home evening of the 22nd. I feel so calm for it being just over 2 weeks away. I do know panic will set in soon.
I will be praying for your friends as they are in GZ for the huge trade fair crazyness.
wow! I know what back pain is- it's not fun. Just remember that it will get better and THEN you can get back on track. FOr now- just let the dope carry you away.
ReplyDelete